So here it is, the first part of my plan to learn Go. I’ve hosted it on Github
Any questions (it’s very simple!) just hit me up on Twitter
Over the summer i’m hoping to learn Go, a new-ish language build by some clever chaps at Google.
It has lots of nice features, but some of the ones i’m most interested in are all to do with concurrency.
Anyway, i’ve got some little projects planned that should take me through the language nicely..
1) Hello World - just because
2) Server program - very simple, connect and echo what is sent!
3) Slightly more complicated server program, handling concurrent connections and possibly doing something useful!
4) Memcache clone - very simple, using the above, then just store things in a map and return them when requested
5) A more complicated memcache clone - should respect the memcache protocol and implement all functions
6) An event counting service - accept packets over udp, output events per second etc
Anyway, there you have it - the plan, plain and simple.
Just found this amazing little bit of CSS that I had no idea about.
And that is all you need :)
Well that wasn’t a fun week! Two days off work due to illness. Boring!!
I hate being ill.
woke up this morning and had a banging headache and was pretty hot (no, not in that way - sadly didn’t become a sex idol over night) so basically I stayed in bed and tried to sleep it off.
Got bored of that, so got up and lounged around in front of the tv, doing my usual using my laptop, while watching tv, while reading shiz on my iPad mini.. during this I came across a website, Neville Medhora’s blog.
Basically it’s great. He just writes about he does.
Anyway the point of this post is that i’m gonna start doing that. Writing about what I do.
Cloud, Silver lining etc.